When you contact The Georgia Virtue, please make sure you include information on the person you would like to reach. Additional details on the subject matter of your questions or feedback are always helpful.
By Phone: 912.217.4862
By Email: right click to copy
By Mail: P.O. Box 370, Brooklet, Ga 30415
Facebook: The Georgia Virtue – Bulloch
Facebook Group: Bulloch County News & Events by The Georgia Virtue
Booking Report Photo Removal Request
If you contact TGV to request that a mugshot be removed from our site, please email the following information:
- Your name as it appears on the arrest record;
- Arrest date and arresting agency;
- Paperwork required under OCGA § 35-1-19 which justifies removal
To qualify for removal, your case must meet at least one of the following standards:
- Case was restricted under OCGA § 35-3-37;
- Prior to indictment, accusation, or other charging instrument, was never referred for further prosecution to the proper prosecuting attorney by the arresting law enforcement agency and the offense against such individual was closed by the arresting law enforcement agency;
- Prior to indictment, accusation, or other charging instrument, the statute of limitations expired;
- Prior to indictment, accusation, or other charging instrument, the case was referred to the prosecuting attorney but was later dismissed;
- Prior to indictment, accusation, or other charging instrument, the grand jury returned two no bills;
- After indictment or accusation, all charges were dismissed or nolle prossed;
- The individual was acquitted of all of the charges by a judge or jury; or
- After indictment or accusation, the individual pleaded guilty to or was found guilty of possession of a narcotic drug, marijuana, or stimulant, depressant, or hallucinogenic drug and was sentenced in accordance with the provisions of Code Section §16-13-2, and the individual successfully completed the terms and conditions of his or her probation.
Please note: Georgia law requires that the person requesting removal of a booking photo send written correspondence with name, DOB, arrest date, and arresting agency to the publication. This must be done via certified mail, return receipt requested, or statutory overnight delivery. The publication then has 30 days to remove the photo.
As a courtesy, TGV accepts these requests via email to expedite the removal process. In order to do this, all of the above information must be included in the request.