Tuesday’s meeting was called to order at 8:30 A.M. with Vice Chairman Jappy Stringer presiding over the meeting. Commissioner Curt Deal led the invocation and Pledge of Allegiance which was followed by a roll call and an approval of the general agenda. Commissioner Roy Thompson was not present at the meeting.
Commissioners presented a proclamation for Rodeo Days
Miss Rodeo USA Kylee Campbell was present at the meeting and received the proclamation from Stringer and other Commissioners.
Commissioners presentenced a proclamation to Assistant County Manager Andy Welch
A proclamation was also presented to Assistant County Manager Andy Welch who is departing from the county after 21 years. He is taking a new position as a county manager in Utah. Commissioners thanked him for his efforts and dedication to the community over the years.
There were no members of the public present to address the Board.
Approval of the Consent Agenda
The following items were on the 4/20/21 consent agenda and voted on as one line item:
- Minutes from the Tuesday, April 6, 2021 Council Meeting
- Motion to Accept the lowest bid for the Magistrate Court’s HVAC Renovation in the amount of $40,500.00 from J.D. Heating & Air. This project replaces the existing 5 ton and 10 ton rooftop package HVAC unit that serves the Bulloch County Magistrate Court.
- Motion to accept the lowest bid for DFCS HVAC Renovation in the amount of $96,500 from J.D. Hearing & Air which consists of replacement of nine (9) HVAC units servicing DFACS.
- Renewal of Contract with DBT Transportation to Provide AWOS (Automated Weather Observation Service) maintenance and NADIN (National Airspace Data Interchange Network) services
- Radio Tower Site UPS Service and Support Contract — The 4 radio tower sites each have a UPS unit. The first year was covered under the warranty. Attached is the proposal from Vertive for the yearly contract for Service and Support of the UPS units. The yearly contract for 4 UPS units is $11,000.00 per year
- To grant an alcoholic beverage license for retail beer and wine sales to AmPm Convenience Store, LLC located at 9941 Hwy 301 South
- Approval of contract from Clean by Lucky to provide janitorial services for Mill Creek buildings and Brooklet Community Building in the amount of $9,650, with the contract ending on December 31, 2021.
- FY21 Personal Computer Bid — Each year the County requests that Georgia Technologies provide a list of computers that need to be upgraded. Due to the impact of COVID, the PC replacement for last year was postponed. Georgia Technologies updated the list of computers needing to be replaced as well as specifications. The purchasing manager requested a quote from Dell, which is on state contract. The bid is for 45 PCs and 17 monitors. The total cost is $43,321.69.
Commissioners voted unanimously to approve this action item and subsequently all items were approved.
An Executive Summary of Revenue and Expenditures was presented for March 2021
Highlights from the presentation include:
Revenue Collected to Date: $42,181,085
Percent of Total Budget Collected: 104,4%
Percent of Year Completed: 75.0%
Public Works: FEMA reimbursement for hurricanes were received.
Public Safety: CARES funding was moved into the General Fund as a revenue source.
Health: The Hospital Authority interest payment was deposited in October.
Development: Building and manufactured homes permits were very strong year to date.
General Government: Taxes are in line with projections.
Judicial: Court fees are in line with projected amount.
Recreation: COVID-19 has reduced after school and athletic programming.
Expenditures to Date: $29,567,332
Percent of Total Budget Expended: 71.1%
Percent of Year Completed: 75.0%
The full revenue report through the end of March is at the bottom of the article.
Commission and Staff Comments
Commissioner Walter Gibson thanked Andy Welch for his years of service to the county and shared that he will be missed as he moves on to his new venture.
Executive Session for the purposes of discussing potential litigation and personnel
At 8:44 A.M., Commissioners adjourned the regular meeting to enter into executive session discuss litigation and personnel.
March 2021 Revenue Report