Keep Statesboro Bulloch Beautiful (KSBB) will be hosting a free electronics recycling drive in Statesboro!
The event will take place on Saturday, June 5, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. with COVID-19 safety measures in place. The electronics drive will be a “drive-thru” event where individuals and businesses can drive up to drop off their electronic items. All citizens and businesses of Statesboro and Bulloch County are invited to bring their unused and discarded electronics to be recycled.
The electronics recycling drive will be done in partnership with Sensible Recycling of Jacksonville, Florida and the Pittman Park United Methodist Church (UMC) .
The drive will be completely free to the public and any businesses that drop off their used electronics. Sensible Recycling follows a full data destruction policy for personal information left on hard drives or similar devices. Individuals and businesses that drop off their electronics can have peace of mind knowing that their personal information is safely destroyed. Pittman Park UMC will be collecting household batteries at the drive.
A full list of items that are acceptable and not acceptable for electronic recycling by Sensible Recycling can be found here.
“This is our second annual electronic recycling drive for KSBB,” states Amanda Clements, coordinator for KSBB. “In November of 2020 we hosted our first electronics drive it was a great success. We were able to recycle over 15,000 pounds of electronics! For our second event we are aiming to go beyond this amount. ”
The drive will be held at the Statesboro Convention and Visitors Bureau and will begin at 9:00 a.m. and last until 12:00 p.m. The Statesboro Convention and Visitors Bureau is located at 222 S Main St, Statesboro, GA 30458.
- Computers ∙ Laptops ∙ Tablets
- Cell Phones ∙ Computer Components (memory, Hard drives, processors, power supplies,
- Disk drives, mother and daughter boards) ∙ Docking Stations ∙ Keyboards and Mice ∙ Printer Ink and Toner ∙ Circuit Boards (all types)
- Flat Screen TV’s
- Computer Monitors
- Printers and Copiers
- Stereo Equipment
- DVD Players ∙ VCR’s ∙ Telephones and Telephone Equipment ∙ Video Game Consoles ∙ Cable/Satellite TV Boxes
- Routers and Switches
- Servers ∙ Racks
- UPS Battery Backups
- Lithium Ion Batteries
- Ink and Toner
- Medical Electronics
- Wires and Cables
- Power Supplies
Pittman Park United Methodist Church WILL be taking household batteries on the day of the drive!
- Hazardous Waste (including asbestos)
- Any CFCs * Cylinders or Other Containers of Compressed Gas (including propane)
- Radioactive Materials
- Mercury / Mercury Switches
- PCB Containing Materials such as Capacitators or Light Ballasts
- Lead Iron Pipes
- Sealed Containers
- Liquids of any type
- Flammable Materials
- Other Non-Recyclable Items
- Broken, Crocked, or leaking Batteries
- Materials With Strong Objectionable Odors
- Materials Containing Asbestos
- Unidentifiable Materials
- Railroad Scrap
- Commercial Power Cables
- No Buying Scrap Metal
- A/C units
- Large Appliances