On Tuesday, House Speaker Jon Burns announced that he as appointing a House Special Committee on Healthcare to be chaired by Rep. Butch Parrish, a Republican from Swainsboro.
This committee will oversee and coordinate the House’s healthcare policy – both legislative and budgetary.
“Chairman Parrish has years of experience working on healthcare issues as both a legislator and pharmacist, and I trust him to lead our important work on healthcare policy,” said Speaker Burns. “Healthcare is a key component of quality of life, and we are committed to ensuring Georgians have access to quality, affordable healthcare in every corner of this state.”
Speaker Burns has named the chairmen of the House’s several health policy and budget committees as members of the Special Committee on Healthcare as follows:
- Rep. Sharon Cooper (R-Marietta), Chairman – Public Health
- Rep. Katie Dempsey (R-Rome), Chairman – Human Services (Appropriations)
- Rep. Lee Hawkins (R-Gainesville), Chairman – Health
- Rep. Jesse Petrea (R-Savannah), Chairman – Human Relations & Aging
- Rep. Darlene Taylor (R-Thomasville), Chairman – Health (Appropriations)