Few settings are as magical and memorable as iconic landmarks when it comes to cinematic marriage proposals. Central Park in New York City, for example, has been the backdrop for countless on-screen declarations of love – remember when Patrick Dempsey’s character planned his proposal in “Enchanted”? Similarly, the glamor and elegance of Tiffany & Co. on Fifth Avenue added an undeniable charm to Reese Witherspoon’s engagement scene in “Sweet Home Alabama”. Not to forget, the stunning Eiffel Tower replica at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel has seen Edward Norton profess his love to Drew Barrymore in “Everybody Says I Love You”.
As we approach wedding season, Mixbook, a #1 rated design platform for photo books, commissioned Cherry Digital to carry out a poll of 3,000 singles to ask in which iconic landmarks top their list for ideal proposal spots. The survey revealed that Americans are notably drawn towards unique, Instagram-worthy locales for popping the question.
1. Topping the charts is the Sunset Cliffs Natural Park in San Diego. Sunset Cliffs offers a serene and beautiful setting with a clear view of the Pacific Ocean, making it an ideal spot for a memorable marriage proposal. The sound of waves and the majestic sunset create an atmosphere that’s both romantic and awe-inspiring.
2. Following closely, Tampa Riverwalk clinched the second spot. Tampa Riverwalk, with its calm waters and well-maintained landscape, provides a picturesque environment that’s perfect for a romantic proposal. Stroll along the river or enjoy a boat ride as you celebrate your love in this vibrant setting.
3. The Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden secured the third position. For those who appreciate natural beauty, Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden’s colorful flowers and lush vegetation present an elegant backdrop for popping the question. Seasonal events and exhibits make each visit uniquely special.
4. Fourth in line was the Denver Botanic Gardens. With its rich gardens and peaceful ponds, Denver Botanic Gardens offers a tranquil setting within the city, ideal for a private and intimate proposal.
5. Fifth place saw Cummer Museum and Gardens in Jacksonville (FL) take the spotlight. Nestled along the St. Johns River, this mesmerizing museum is surrounded by beautiful gardens, with a diverse flora, quaint walkways, and calming water elements.
6. Angel Oak Tree on Johns Island, South Carolina, grabbed the sixth spot. For a proposal surrounded by history and nature, the ancient and majestic Angel Oak Tree creates a special and timeless atmosphere. The tree’s sprawling branches and shaded area provide an intimate space for a cherished moment.
7. Claiming seventh place is Alaska’s Point Woronzof Park. If a proposal with a natural, expansive backdrop is desired, Point Woronzof Park’s views of Cook Inlet and the Chugach Mountains are unparalleled. The crisp Alaskan air and wide-open spaces make for an invigorating and unforgettable experience.
8. In eighth place, the Charles River Esplanade in Cambridge, Massachusetts is a classic spot, where the river and views of the city combine for a simple, yet charming setting for a proposal. The park’s pathways offer numerous private spots to get down on one knee.
9. Ninth place was awarded to San Francisco’s Conservatory of Flowers. For a distinct and lush setting, the Conservatory of Flowers provides an indoor garden experience that is both exotic and intimate. The Victorian-style greenhouse is not only romantic but also an architectural gem within Golden Gate Park.
10. Concluding the top ten is none other than the Griffith Observatory in Los Angeles. Perched atop Griffith Park, it offers a sweeping vista of LA’s tapestry, with twinkling lights and the boundless night sky overhead.
Georgia had 5 picture-perfect landmarks that were voted among America’s top 250 for a marriage proposal:
40. The Foundry in Athens – This historic venue combines industrial charm with modern elegance, creating a unique and enchanting ambiance. Couples can step into the venue’s stylish interior, filled with exposed brick walls, soaring ceilings, and sparkling chandeliers. The Foundry’s intimate and sophisticated atmosphere sets the stage for a heartfelt proposal. Whether it’s in a cozy corner of the venue, under the soft glow of candlelight, or on the outdoor patio surrounded by lush greenery, The Foundry provides numerous enchanting spots to create an unforgettable moment.
63. Jackson Street Bridge in Atlanta – Renowned for its breathtaking skyline views, this iconic bridge offers a picturesque backdrop that captures the vibrant spirit of Atlanta. From this vantage point, couples can witness the city’s majestic skyline with its towering skyscrapers, illuminated city lights, and bustling streets below.
86. Forsyth Park in Savannah – This historic and picturesque park, adorned with ancient oak trees, fragrant magnolias, and vibrant flower beds, exudes an atmosphere of romance and tranquility. The iconic Forsyth Fountain serves as a centerpiece, providing a romantic backdrop for a declaration of love.
104. Riverwalk Augusta in Augusta – Nestled along the banks of the scenic Savannah River, the charming riverwalk offers breathtaking views, abundant greenery, and a tranquil ambiance, providing an ideal setting for a marriage proposal.
125. The Chattahoochee RiverWalk in Columbus – Spanning along the picturesque banks of the Chattahoochee River, the expansive riverwalk offers a breathtaking backdrop that sets the stage for a truly memorable proposal. Couples can stroll hand in hand along the paved pathways, among the serene beauty of the tranquil waters and lush greenery.