Due to recent Coronavirus outbreaks, Glynn County will close buildings to the public beginning on Monday, August 16, 2020.
The Special Called Commission Meeting on Tuesday, August 17, 2021, and the Regular Commission Meeting on Thursday, August 19, 2021, will continue in person due to scheduled public hearings. The Island Planning Commission meeting on Tuesday August 17, 2021 will also continue in person as scheduled. Masks and temperature checks will be required to attend the meetings.
Future meetings will return to a virtual format.
- W. Harold Pate Courthouse Annex
- Public Works Administration
- Police Department Administration and St. Simons Island Substation (closed on August 9, 2021)
- Fire Administration
- Parks and Recreation Offices
- Animal Control Shelter and Offices
Though these buildings will be closed to the public, the offices will be staffed and all departments will be available for contact through the following methods:
- Utilize the County’s website at to determine if transaction needs can be met online;
- Place a call to the appropriate department to determine if County staff can provide the needed service(s) without a visit to County facilities. A list of department contacts can be viewed at: https://glynncounty.org/directory.aspx
- Please see a list of updates for County Services below. For update to date information, please call our Customer Service Department at 912-554-7111.
- Call ahead for services including adoptions at 912 554-7500
Board of Commissioners & Administration
- BOC: 912-554-7404 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administration: 912-554-7401
- County updates on the COVID-19 web page and on Facebook.
Board of Elections
- Open only for candidates qualifying for the Municipal Election. For more information, call 912-554-7060
- Community Development
- Main Line: 912-554-7428
- Building Inspections: 912-554-7456
- Occupational Tax: 912-554-7122
- Planning & Zoning: 912-554-7428 / E-mail: PlanningZoning@glynncounty-ga.gov
- For general information: https://glynncounty.org/191/Community-Development
- For Online Portal: https://glynncounty.org/1518/Community-Development-Online-Portal
- This is a newer portal and you may need to create a new login and password.
- For inquiries call: 912-554-7120
- All accounts payable payments (checks) to vendors will be mailed to the appropriate vendor addresses until further notice. The Finance Department will mail the payments by the end of the day on Friday of each week.
- All receipts and reports that are normally mailed and/or brought into the Finance Office will need to either be mailed or placed into the 2 dropboxes located at both entrances to the Pate Building. The Tax Commissioner has granted permission to allow other types of reports/payments to be placed into these boxes, and those items will be processed daily by personnel that are working inside of the building. Please only include checks or money orders (No Cash).
For Bids and RFP announcements: https://glynncounty.org/259/Bids-RFPs
- Main Line: 912-554-7779
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Main Line: 912-554-7170
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parks and Recreation
- Ballard Park: 912-554-7780
- Selden Park: 912-279-2800
- Howard Coffin Park: 912-279-3810
- Blythe Island Regional Park: 912-279-2812
- North Glynn Recreation Complex: 912-279-2838
- Mallery Park: 912-279-2836
- Email: email@example.com
- Recreation and Parks updates on Facebook.
- Marriage Licenses and Conceal Carry Permits are available by appointment only. Call 912-554-7231
- The Sheriff’s Office is not currently fingerprinting for permits
- Main line: 912-554-7093
- Email: Rglisson@glynncounty-ga.gov
- Main Line: 912-554-7746
- Solid Waste/Recycling Inquiries: 912-554-7111
- Work orders will be processed. Orders may be submitted by calling either of the above numbers.
Tax Commissioner Services:
- The Tax Commissioner’s office is closed to the public, but they are still processing requests via telephone and online.
- Telephone: 912-554-7000 (option 1 Tags, option 2 Property Tax)
- For general information: https://glynncounty.org/91/Tax-Commissioner
- To pay tax bill: https://glynncounty.org/505/Pay-Tax-Bill
- For tag renewal: https://eservices.drives.ga.gov/_/
- For license renewal: https://dds.georgia.gov/
Visit the Glynn County School System webpage for school updates.
Visit City of Brunswick Webpage for updates on the City of Brunswick.
Visit the Brunswick – Glynn County Joint Water Sewer Commission webpage for information on water and sewer.
For information on Jekyll Island Jekyll Island webpage