This week, Dave & Jessica discuss the firing of Gina Carano, the absence of weed in Georgia, and a dirty dozen of the bills filed in the Georgia legislature last week – including new regulations for plumbers, new powers for police, a definition for ‘gender,’ and a bill to ban some people from lobbying legislators.
- Gina Carano fired from ‘Mandalorian’ after social media post
- Nearly 70 businesses have submitted application proposals to produce marijuana in the Peach State
- Legislation discussed:
- More powers for police – HB 127 would establish a provision for which law enforcement agencies could request that wireless service providers turn over location information for a device of a particular user.
- HB 326 by Martin Momtahan seeks to prohibit the use of voting machines in Georgia if the voting machines use a wireless device or wireless technology.
- HB 342 – plumbing advertising
- HB 366 by Martin Momtahan makes changes to state motor voter enrollment. Instead of enrolling automatically at the DMV unless a person declines, this would not enroll a person unless they affirmatively state they want to be enrolled and sign.
- HB 372 by Rep. Rick Jasperse seeks to define gender.
- With HB 387, David Clark seeks to prohibit family members of GGA members from lobbying in the legislature.
- HB 439 would require interlock devices for first-time DUI convictions.
- Rep. Sandra Scott wants to declare racism a public health crisis
- Larry Flynt, who built a porn empire before becoming a 1st Amendment champion, dies at 78
In Episode 156, Dave & Jessica discuss the firing of Gina Carano, the absence of weed in Georgia, and a dirty dozen of the bills filed in the Georgia legislature last week – including new regulations for plumbers, new powers for police, a definition for ‘gender,’ and a bill to ban some people from lobbying legislators.
Jessica Szilagyi is a Content Creator for The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics as well as issues in law enforcement. Her educational background is in Political Science with a focus in local government and she has a Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. Jessica is a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and has two blogs of her own: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
David Roberts is a native of South Florida who moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined The Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations specialist and served six years in that role. Since leaving active duty, he served in both Reserve and Guard components. After The Army, Dave went to work for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks serving as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. After a few mergers, he went to work with his brother, Rob, who taught him the HVAC trade. Several years of learning under his older brother and Dave was ready to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA. Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County has afforded him the privilege of serving his community and allowed him to become involved in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.