In Ep. 191, Dave & Jessica discuss Jim Beck’s prison sentence, new allegations in the case against District Attorney Mark Jones, fundraising hauls for candidates for US Senate in Georgia, the Confederate battle in North Georgia, and the supply chain issues no one is really discussing.
- It’s 7 years of prison time for Jim Beck
- New motions filed in DA Mark Jones case
- And then there’s the cocaine and the free felony.
- Former NFL star Herschel Walker raises $3.7 million in Senate bid to unseat Raphael Warnock
- The South rose again in Coosa
- The school administration suspended several students who were planning the protest.
- Washington Post article this week on confederate statutes and violence
- White House scrambles to address looming Christmas crisis
Jessica Szilagyi is a Content Creator for The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics as well as issues in law enforcement. Her educational background is in Political Science with a focus in local government and she has a Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. Jessica is a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and has two blogs of her own: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
David Roberts is a native of South Florida who moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined The Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations specialist and served six years in that role. Since leaving active duty, he served in both Reserve and Guard components. After The Army, Dave went to work for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks serving as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. After a few mergers, he went to work with his brother, Rob, who taught him the HVAC trade. Subsequently, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave was ready to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County has afforded him the privilege of serving his community and allowed him to become involved in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.