In LMTYWYW Podcast Ep 208, Dave and Jessica discuss the 2022 State of the Union, Greene & Boebert yelling, Biden’s SCOTUS nomination, last week in the Georgia legislature, the pro-government SCOTUS ruling on CIA black sites, and the plan to hurry up and spend money.
- 2022 State of the Union by President Joe Biden — Full text
- Boebert interrupting about Biden putting 13 soldiers in coffins + Boebert & MTG yelling “Build the wall!”
- Lindsey Graham told them to “shut up” when it happened and then Pelosi echoed it
- Three lawmakers are drafting legislation to require the local board of education to sign off on developments that “choke out” school systems.
- The Supreme Court ruled that the United States can continue to withhold information about the CIA torture of prisoners at black sites during the early years of the post-9/11 war on terror from lawsuits trying to hold those involved responsible.
- We need to hurry and send money to everyone else so our government can keep working…or something
LISTEN to LMTYWYW Podcast Ep 208
FIND OTHER LMTYWYW PODCAST SHOWS
Jessica Szilagyi is Publisher of The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics, the justice system, and issues in law enforcement. Jessica is a graduate of Georgia State University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus in local government. After a brief hiatus on the campaign circuit, Jessica then earned her Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She is now a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and a contributor for GeorgiaPol.com. Her writing roots, however, stem from her own two blogs: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
A native of South Florida, David Roberts moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined the Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations Specialist and served six years in that role. After he left active duty, Dave served in both Reserve and Guard components. Dave also worked for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. A few mergers led Dave to join his brother, Rob, in the HVAC trade. Eventually, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave left to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County affords Dave the privilege of serving his community while involving himself in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.