In LMTYWYW Podcast Ep 210, Dave and Jessica discuss a Ku Klux Commissioner, Herschel drawing fire, legislator shenanigans, and the crimes of Crossover Day.
- Former KKK Leader Who Was Imprisoned for Beating Black Man Qualifies for Office In Georgia
- Demolition derby in Georgia as Herschel Walker’s GOP primary rivals slam the Senate front-runner
- By The Numbers: Mass Exodus Of Lawmakers Means Big Turnover After 2022 Elections
- All 63 of the House Votes
- SB 470 – Sen. Randy Robertson – adds ‘covered employee’ to list of people who can have license revoked or be denied license for mortgage loan practices if there is a felony conviction
- “employee of a mortgage lender or mortgage broker who is involved in residential mortgage loan related activities for property located in Georgia and includes, but is not limited to, a mortgage loan originator, processor, or underwriter, or other employee who has access to residential mortgage loan origination, processing, or underwriting information”
- SB 487 – Sen. Sheila McNeal – requires that diagnostic breast examinations not be treated less favorably than screening mammography for breast cancer with respect to cost-sharing requirements. 39 of 56 senators sponsored this bill
- SB 609 – Sen. Jeff Mullis – making Medical Cannabis Commission subject to state procurement laws
LISTEN to LMTYWYW Podcast Ep 210
FIND OTHER LMTYWYW PODCAST SHOWS
Jessica Szilagyi is Publisher of The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics, the justice system, and issues in law enforcement. Jessica is a graduate of Georgia State University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus in local government. After a brief hiatus on the campaign circuit, Jessica then earned her Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She is now a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and a contributor for GeorgiaPol.com. Her writing roots, however, stem from her own two blogs: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
A native of South Florida, David Roberts moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined the Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations Specialist and served six years in that role. After he left active duty, Dave served in both Reserve and Guard components. Dave also worked for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. A few mergers led Dave to join his brother, Rob, in the HVAC trade. Eventually, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave left to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County affords Dave the privilege of serving his community while involving himself in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.