In Ep. 217, Dave & Jessica discuss the private and public sectors of real estate larceny, SCOTUS leaks + the fallout, and Dave has some words for the Democrat running against Marjorie Taylor Greene.
- Thieves are stealing homes in Georgia: How they’re getting away with it
- Did you know that in some states, if you miss one tax payment, local politicians will take your home, sell it, and keep all the profits?
- Headline of the week: leaked SCOTUS opinion on Roe v. Wade
- 98-page initial draft majority opinion Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health
- Press release
- Calls for an investigation
- Past leaks
- SCOTUSblog: there were actually (at least) two leakers, and three leaks
- Here are the states likely to ban abortion if Roe v. Wade is overturned
- A Fox News poll of registered voters conducted on Monday, before leaked draft asked, “Do you think the Supreme Court should overturn Roe v. Wade or let it stand?”
- Marquette University Law School poll conducted last fall showed a similar inconsistency.
- Politico/Morning Consult poll conducted on Tuesday, after the leaked opinion was published
LISTEN to LMTYWYW Podcast Ep 217
Jessica Szilagyi is Publisher of The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics, the justice system, and issues in law enforcement. Jessica is a graduate of Georgia State University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus in local government. After a brief hiatus on the campaign circuit, Jessica then earned her Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She is now a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and a contributor for GeorgiaPol.com. Her writing roots, however, stem from her own two blogs: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
A native of South Florida, David Roberts moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined the Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations Specialist and served six years in that role. After he left active duty, Dave served in both Reserve and Guard components. Dave also worked for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. A few mergers led Dave to join his brother, Rob, in the HVAC trade. Eventually, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave left to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County affords Dave the privilege of serving his community while involving himself in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.