In Ep. 223, Dave & Jessica revisit crossover in the May 24th primary, discuss when a sheriff gets an expense account, Georgia’s sore loser lawsuit, and Herschel spreading the love. Also covered: current polling for November and this Tuesday’s runoff elections.
Plus, Jessica has a Mule of the Week.
- “And 70 percent of this year’s crossover voters who cast early ballots in the G.O.P. primary had participated in both Democratic and Republican primaries over the last decade.” per NYT analysis
- Story of the week on TheGeorgiaVirtue: Burke County Sheriff has no receipts for $40,000 in credit card charges
- Former Congressional candidate files lawsuit against runoff contender Hunt, Fox News…alleging effort to undermine the election in May by offering disproportionate amount of air time
- Herschel Walker’s love children
- Recent Polling
- Mule of the week: Former Bibb County Sheriff’s deputy
LISTEN to LMTYWYW Podcast Ep 223
In Ep. 223, Dave & Jessica revisit crossover in the May 24th primary, discuss when a sheriff gets an expense account, Georgia’s sore loser lawsuit, and Herschel spreading the love. Also covered: current polling for November and this Tuesday’s runoff elections. Plus, Jessica has a Mule of the Week.
Jessica Szilagyi is Publisher of The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics, the justice system, and issues in law enforcement. Jessica is a graduate of Georgia State University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus in local government. After a brief hiatus on the campaign circuit, Jessica then earned her Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She is now a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and a contributor for GeorgiaPol.com. Her writing roots, however, stem from her own two blogs: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
A native of South Florida, David Roberts moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined the Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations Specialist and served six years in that role. After he left active duty, Dave served in both Reserve and Guard components. Dave also worked for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. A few mergers led Dave to join his brother, Rob, in the HVAC trade. Eventually, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave left to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County affords Dave the privilege of serving his community while involving himself in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.