In Ep 229, Dave & Jessica discuss an update on the smacked Fanni, Daniel Defense in Congress, policing for profit, not so safe deposit boxes, DeSantis’s drag queens, the Tiger King’s influence, and Jessica’s birthday.
- An old nemesis of Jessica’s finally faces his fate: the Tattnall County Magistrate Judge was arrested by the GBI last week
- Another previously mentioned story – Daniel Defense CEO testified before Congress
- How one Alabama town of 1,500 people used the system of fines, fees, and forfeitures to bankroll their city and police operations and garner the attention of the federal government
- Speaking of shakedowns, federal prosecutors want to keep key details about the planning and execution of the a raid of private safe deposit box of individuals not suspected of committing crimes
- DeSantis files complaint against Miami restaurant after kids attend drag show, citing 1947 ruling on ‘men impersonating women’
- Tiger King policy influence
LISTEN to LMTYWYW Podcast Ep 229
FIND OTHER LMTYWYW PODCAST SHOWS
Jessica Szilagyi is Publisher of The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics, the justice system, and issues in law enforcement. Jessica is a graduate of Georgia State University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus in local government. After a brief hiatus on the campaign circuit, Jessica then earned her Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She is now a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and a contributor for GeorgiaPol.com. Her writing roots, however, stem from her own two blogs: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
A native of South Florida, David Roberts moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined the Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations Specialist and served six years in that role. After he left active duty, Dave served in both Reserve and Guard components. Dave also worked for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. A few mergers led Dave to join his brother, Rob, in the HVAC trade. Eventually, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave left to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County affords Dave the privilege of serving his community while involving himself in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.