In LMTYWYW Ep 234, Dave and Jessica discuss special loans for special people, Texas Christians opposing HIV preventatives, banning books, and rap lyric confessions.
- Bank of America is launching new zero down payment, zero closing cost mortgage products to help members of predominantly minority communities buy their first homes.
- Texas Christians sue over federal insurance mandate for HIV prevention drugs PrEP
- Virginia Can’t Force Bookstores To Card Kids for Books on Gender and Sexuality
- A Teacher Told Students How to Access Banned Books. A State Official Wants Her License Revoked.
- More wars on the arts: Georgia DA Fani Willis says rap lyrics will continue to be used in criminal cases
- The worst detectives ever
LISTEN to LMTYWYW Podcast Ep 234
FIND OTHER LMTYWYW PODCAST SHOWS
Jessica Szilagyi is Publisher of The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics, the justice system, and issues in law enforcement. Jessica is a graduate of Georgia State University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus in local government. After a brief hiatus on the campaign circuit, Jessica then earned her Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She is now a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and a contributor for GeorgiaPol.com. Her writing roots, however, stem from her own two blogs: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
A native of South Florida, David Roberts moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined the Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations Specialist and served six years in that role. After he left active duty, Dave served in both Reserve and Guard components. Dave also worked for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. A few mergers led Dave to join his brother, Rob, in the HVAC trade. Eventually, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave left to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County affords Dave the privilege of serving his community while involving himself in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.