In LMTYWYW Ep 253, Dave & Jessica discuss the latest opinions of Georgians on casinos, one step closer for the devil’s lettuce in Georgia, bills filed this week, and a host of misinformation headlines in California, Oregon, and the housing market.
- A new poll shows most Georgians would like to bring casino gambling to the Peach State.
- Another fake celebration for the devil’s lettuce
- Georgia agency approves rules for medical marijuana
- Democrats filed legislation to require 3 day waiting period on guns and universal background checks
- Democrats file legislation to regulate moving company estimates
- Democrats filed legislation to give extra benefits to certain SNAP benefit recipients
- A Federal Judge Blocks California’s Ban on Medical Advice That Promotes COVID-19 ‘Misinformation’
- from The Hill: Survey finds Americans wildly misinformed on housing market
- And don’t forget about the kangaroos — Oregon plan to ban sale of kangaroo products is ‘emotive misinformation’, industry says
LISTEN TO EP 253
Jessica Szilagyi is Publisher of The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics, the justice system, and issues in law enforcement. Jessica is a graduate of Georgia State University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus in local government. After a brief hiatus on the campaign circuit, Jessica then earned her Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She is now a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and a contributor for GeorgiaPol.com. Her writing roots, however, stem from her own two blogs: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
A native of South Florida, David Roberts moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined the Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations Specialist and served six years in that role. After he left active duty, Dave served in both Reserve and Guard components. Dave also worked for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. A few mergers led Dave to join his brother, Rob, in the HVAC trade. Eventually, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave left to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County affords Dave the privilege of serving his community while involving himself in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.