The YellaWood Deck, a new gameday experience that is situated behind the right-center field wall at J.I. Clements Stadium, will officially open for fans to enjoy beginning on Friday, April 14, as announced Tuesday by Georgia Southern Athletics Jared Benko.
“We’re always looking for new ways to innovate and elevate our gameday experience,” Benko said. “With the addition of the YellaWood Deck, we feel that we are enhancing the environment at J.I. Clements Stadium in a big way. A special thanks goes out to YellaWood for its support of this unique project and we look forward to seeing Eagle Nation out on the deck enjoying great baseball and our great weather here in Statesboro.”
Fans can expect a new standing-room only space on the YellaWood Deck in right-center field. This space can fit up to 125 people at a time on the deck, and space is first-come, first-serve with a deck general admission ticket. Tickets for the YellaWood Deck will be $15 if purchased before game day, and $20 on game day. Behind the YellaWood Deck will be Pojo’s Patio, a space with five tables, five grills, and other amenities set up for fans to bring their own food and beverages to enjoy the game with. You must bring your own charcoal and clean up. These areas are also first-come, first-serve with a ticket.
Fans will be wrist banded and allowed to walk out of the deck area and through the main entrance of J.I. Clements Stadium during a game. Fans without a wristband will not be able to exit the main stadium seating areas and enter the YellaWood deck without a ticket to the deck.
There will be a clear bag exception in the YellaWood Deck for containers carrying food and beverages. Food items may be brought into the YellaWood Deck in coolers or disposable bags. Beverage items may be brought in a cooler. Personal bags with no food or beverage brought into the YellaWood Deck must follow the clear bag policy. Any coolers, bags or containers carrying food and beverages admitted at the YellaWood gates must stay in the YellaWood area and will not be allowed past the checkpoint into the main gates of J.I. Clements Stadium. Please see below for additional details.
For purchasing options for the YellaWood Deck, please go to gseagles.com/tickets.
Yellawood Outfield Deck Quick Details
• $15/ticket if purchased in advance and $20/ticket if purchased on game day.
• Max of 125 total tickets sold each game.
• Opens 2 hours prior to first pitch.
• Ticket holders can bring in bottles of water, soft drinks, and beer/seltzers (cans only; no glass). Drinks must fit into a cooler. All other alcohol is not permitted.
• One cooler allowed per person and coolers will be checked by EPI staffing at the YellaWood Deck entrance.
• Grills will be provided in the grilling area for ticket holders to use if they would like. Must bring your own charcoal and clean up.
• Non-university chairs are not permitted and the YellaWood Deck is a standing room only space that will also have umbrellas.
• There will be 5 patio areas that will include a table, chairs, umbrella, and grill. Those areas will be first come, first served.
• Ticket holders will be wrist banded at the YellaWood Deck entrance which will allow them to enter J.I. Clements at any of the main gates to purchase concessions, purchase gear, use restrooms, visit other ticket holders, ect.
• Only YellaWood Deck ticket holders are allowed to leave and re-enter J.I. Clements Stadium via their wristband. All other ticket holders still have a no re-entry ticket policy.
• There is a clear bag exception in the YellaWood Deck for containers carrying food and beverages. Food items may be brought into the YellaWood Deck area in coolers or disposable bags. Personal bags with no food or beverage brought into the YellaWood Deck area must follow the clear bag policy. Any coolers, bags or containers carrying food and beverages admitted at the YellaWood Deck gates must stay in the area and will not be allowed past the checkpoint into the main gates of J.I. Clements Stadium.