Thirteen family farms were honored as Georgia’s newest Centennial Farms during the annual Georgia Centennial Farm Awards Ceremony in Perry on October 11, 2023. Two of them were in Bulloch County.
Qualified farm owners and their historic properties from the 2023 application year were recognized during this ceremony at the Georgia National Fair. The event was hosted by the Historic Preservation Division of the Georgia Department of Community Affairs, Georgia Farm Bureau, Georgia Department of Agriculture, Georgia EMC, University of Georgia Cooperative Extension, and Georgia National Fairgrounds and Agricenter.
Centennial Farms hold a central role in the heritage of our state, having formed the economic, cultural, and family foundation for generations of Georgians. All farms earning this recognition have continuously operated for 100 years or more.
More than 620 farms have been recognized through the Georgia Centennial Farm Program since its inception in 1993.
Recognition is given to farm owners through one of three distinguished awards:
- The Centennial Heritage Farm Award honors farms owned by members of the same family for a century or more, and that are listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Centennial Farm Award only requires the farm candidate be at least 100 years old and listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- The Centennial Family Farm Award recognizes farms owned by members of the same family for a century or more that are not listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Below are the 2023 Centennial Farm award recipients.
- Boggy Branch Farm, Bulloch County
- L & M Farms, Bulloch County
- Teloga Springs Farm, Chatooga County
- Stone Family Farm, Cook County
- Ash Farms, Effingham County
- The Threatte Farm at Bunton Place, Evans County
- Price Family Farm, Franklin County
- J.B. Gay & Son, Jenkins County
- R. E. Roberts Farm, Jones County
- Ganas Farm, Lanier County
- White Family Barn Farm, Lumpkin County
- Rolling D Farms, LLC, Murray County
- Fulghum-Beusse Farms, Wilcox County