Statesboro Family YMCA’s Summer Day Camp Staff is busy making plans for the summer and gearing up for adventures that will keep kids and teens active, engaged and healthy all summer long.
“Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore, and this is especially true this summer, following more than a year of COVID-19 precautions”, explains Dorsey Baldwin, Statesboro Family YMCA Branch Director. “Our Summer Day Camp program is available for kids who have just completed Pre-K through 6th grade. It will be offered Monday through Friday beginning at 7:00 am. Parents have until 6:00 pm to pick their children up. We are excited to offer our Leader in Training or “LIT” program this summer for teen’s ages 13 – 16 years old. The LIT Program will provide teens the opportunity to develop leadership skills such as communication, teamwork, and responsibility. In addition they will learn life skills and have the opportunity to get CPR and Babysitter certified by the end of camp. The LIT Program will be offered daily from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm”.
“It’s simple, we want our campers to have the best summer possible. After an ever changing and uncertain year, we are committed to providing the best summer experience for every camper that promotes physical, social, and emotional health,” says Shalondria Love, Summer Day Camp Director. “In our Summer Day Camp, kids and teens are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, they’re building relationships, developing character and discovering their potential. We really encourage parents to give their kids the gift of camp to keep them active and engaged all summer long.”
There are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
1. ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen. Visit www.ymcaofcoastalga.org/summerdaycamp for details.
2. HEALTHY FUN: Day camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
3. PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on newresponsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
4. NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
5. MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
In order to help keep campers and staff healthy and safe all summer long, Statesboro Family YMCA Summer Day Camp has adapted several changes to its day-to-day operations including:
- · Conducting daily health screenings for campers and staff
- · Recommending masks be worn by campers and staff
- · Encouraging social distancing in all areas
- · Creating cohorts for campers
- · Allowing frequent and consistent hand washing and sanitizing
- · Perform frequent room cleaning and sanitizing
- · Limiting parent’s and guest access inside of summer camp
“Safety has always been our top priority at the Statesboro Family YMCA and we’re confident that by following guidelines set forth by YMCA of the USA, American Camp Association, CDC and state and local authorities, we will be able to provide kids with a safe, beneficial and memorable experience like no other,”
For additional information, including registration and financial aid information, please visit ymcaofcoastalga.org/summerdaycamp or call Shalondria Love at 912.225.1962 or by email at email@example.com.