Two people are behind bars after an inmate was provided with drugs while working a detail at the recycling center.
The Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office reports that on September 21, 2021 it received information that a male and female approached an inmate worker at a local recycling center and provided the inmate with an amount of methamphetamine and marijuana. The inmate worker immediately took the contraband to his supervisor and provided a description of the suspects vehicle and tag number.
CST investigators along with Patrol Deputies and K-9 were able locate the vehicle at a residence on Highway 80. Timothy Burke and Hayleigh Croom were located inside the vehicle. A search of the vehicle was conducted and a trafficking amount of methamphetamine was recovered along with marijuana and schedule II, III, and IV prescription narcotics. Burke was also found to be on probation and search of Burke’s residence and was conducted where cocaine, marijuana, and two firearms were recovered.
The following individuals were arrested and are being held at the Bulloch County Jail:
- Charged with trafficking methamphetamine
- Possession of marijuana
- Possession and use of a drug related object
- Possession of firearm by a convicted felon
- Possession of firearm during the commission of a crime
- Possession of schedule II, III, and IV with intent to distribute
- Sale/distribution of methamphetamine and marijuana
- Charged with possession of methamphetamine
- possession of marijuana
- possession of drug related objects