Bulloch County Schools will host a free Summer Nutrition Program during the month of June to provide breakfast and lunch to any children ages 18 and under and any students who are over 18 who have been diagnosed with a state-defined mental or physical disability.
All sites are open to any child. They are not limited to school zones or residency.
This year families have the choice to either pick up a box of meals each week or go to a school cafeteria on weekdays for sit down meal service. Multiple locations are available to best provide service throughout the county. They are selected based on federal guidelines for the program. For this reason, the school district is unable to place sites at each school.
Families do not have to pre-register or pre-order to receive meals. The program will also provide free breakfasts and lunches to children who participate in the school district’s Summer Learning Opportunities program. Meal menus are available here.
Weekly Meal Pick Up Option – Every Monday in June, 8 a.m. – 12 noon
- Drive to the front of the school site, and nutrition staff will give you a box of food for each child. The box will contain perishable and non-perishable food for five breakfasts and five lunches. On June 5, the boxes will also contain a free children’s book from the Statesboro Regional Library.
- Food Pick Up Dates: June 5, 12, 19, & 26, from 8 a.m. -12 noon
- Designated Food Pick Up Sites:
- Statesboro High School, 10 Coach Lee Hill Boulevard, Statesboro
- Nevils Elementary School, 8438 Nevils Groveland Road, Statesboro
- Portal Middle High School, 27245 U.S. Highway 80 West, Portal
Daily On-Site Breakfast & Lunch Meal Service – Weekdays (M-F), May 31 – June 30, 7:45 a.m. – 12 noon
- Children may come to these sites each weekday to eat a single breakfast, lunch or both on site during designated times. Federal regulations do not permit any food to leave the site for this option.
- On-site Sit Down Meal Dates: Each weekday (Mon. – Fri.) May 31 to June 30
- Breakfast is served 7:45 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
- Lunch is served 11:30 a.m. – 12 noon
- On-site Sit Down Meal Service Sites:
- Mattie Lively Elementary School, 204 Debbie Drive, Statesboro
- Julia P. Bryant Elementary School, 421 W. Main Street, Statesboro
- Sallie Zetterower Elementary School, 1200 Cawana Road, Statesboro