Georgia U.S. Senators Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff announced Wednesday that the Senators secured $306 million to help support Georgia’s rural hospitals and health care providers.
The funds will help more than 1,500 Georgia rural hospitals, clinics, and doctor’s offices keep their doors open and provide care to Georgians.
Among the recipients are a number of providers in Statesboro:
- AARON H. DAVIDSON M.D., P.C. STATESBORO 304585124 $5,911.14
- ANNA H. BENSON, MD, LLC STATESBORO 304585157 $9,756.96
- ATEKHA NEPHROLOGY CLINIC STATESBORO 30458 $45,511.03
- BN SNF LLC STATESBORO 304585299 $151,487.69
- BULLOCH COUNTY HEALTH CARE LLC STATESBORO 304584765 $228,176.57
- BULLOCH COUNTY LTC LLC STATESBORO 304590746 $172,979.15
- CANDLER INTERNAL MEDICINE STATESBORO 304592029 $33,183.59
- EAST GEORGIA DIAGNOSTIC SERVICES STATESBORO 304584816 $500.00
- EAST GEORGIA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER, LLC STATESBORO 304581683 $6,257,893.68
- FOREST HEIGHTS PHARMACY INC STATESBORO 304592698 $684.83
- KENDALL M GRIFFITH MD LLC STATESBORO 304580858 $28,337.29
- MAMA DOC PEDIATRICS, LLC STATESBORO 30458 $10,094.22
- MCCOOKS PHARMACY INC STATESBORO 304616019 $5,134.90
- MICHELLE ZEANAH MD PC STATESBORO 304585102 $7,156.75
- OGEECHEE AREA HOSPICE INC. STATESBORO 304590531 $195,319.56
- PINELAND MHMRSA STATESBORO 304580745 $438,360.95
- SIGNATURE AMBULANCE AT STATESBORO, LLC STATESBORO 304582100 $70,452.43
- SOUTH GEORGIA PEDIATRICS, P.C. STATESBORO 304591039 $102,943.49
- SOUTH GEORGIA RADIOLOGY ASSOCIATES LLC STATESBORO 304591067 $506,081.50
- STATESBORO CHILDREN’S DENTAL CENTER, PC STATESBORO 304580856 $8,102.84
- STATESBORO PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY, LLC STATESBORO 304589195 $22,371.19
- SUPREME INTERNAL MEDICINE PC STATESBORO 304592380 $42,451.05
- THERAPY SPOT LLC STATESBORO 304585149 $9,417.20
- WESTWOOD PAC LLC STATESBORO 304581343 $70,298.01
The funding is through the American Rescue Plan, which will help rural hospitals and health care providers combat the pandemic and continue serving their local communities.
Over the summer, Sen. Ossoff called on the Department of Health and Human Services to rush funding to rural hospitals, citing Georgia’s rural hospitals and clinics’ need for additional support. Department of Health and Human Services Secretary Becerra announced the disbursement of funding for rural hospitals in September.
“We have secured these upgrades to health clinics serving Georgia families, and I will remain a relentless champion for health care access, quality, and affordability in our state,” Sen. Ossoff said.
Click here for a full breakdown of the allocated funding.