Twenty-five Georgia communities were awarded financing totaling $117,208,900 for water, sewer, and wastewater projects by the Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) board of directors.
Among the recipients was the Bryan County Board of Commissioners, which was awarded just over $9.9 million for a conservation loan.
The $9,961,000 Georgia Fund conservation loan will finance rehabilitating and expanding the sewer collection system. The regional sewer conveyance system and pump station is part of a larger regional infrastructure expansion related to the Savannah Portside International Park along 1-16 and Jimmy Deloach Parkway in Effingham County. This project will extend sewer infrastructure to support the development of the park.
The county will pay 1.58% interest on the 20-year loan. The loan qualifies for a reduced interest rate because a portion of the project is a conservation activity.
Other approved loans approved last week:
- Ashburn awarded a $1,680,000 Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) loan and a $1,122,000 Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) conservation loan
- Attapulgus awarded a $240,000 DWSRF loan
- Bartow County Water Department awarded a $2,637,000 CWSRF loan and a $1,263,000 Georgia Fund loan
- Boston awarded a $1,500,000 CWSRF loan and a $343,000 DWSRF loan
- Carrollton awarded a $10,000,000 DWSRF loan
- Clayton County Water Authority awarded a $50,000,000 CWSRF loan and a $10,000,000 CWSRF loan
- Damascus awarded a $183,000 DWSRF loan
- Doerun awarded a $750,000 CWSRF loan and a $275,000 DWSRF loan
- Dublin awarded a $1,800,400 CWSRF loan
- East Point awarded a $2,000,000 CWSRF loan, a $2,000,000 DWSRF loan, and a $1,400,000 Georgia Fund loan
- Unified Government of Georgetown-Quitman County awarded a $225,000 CWSRF loan
- Gilmer County Board of Commissioners awarded a $755,000 CWSRF conservation loan
- Iron City awarded a $1,829,000 DWSRF loan
- Leesburg awarded a $590,000 CWSRF loan and a $1,454,000 DWSRF loan
- Lowndes County awarded a $2,500,000 CWSRF loan and a $1,904,500 DWSRF loan
- McDuffie County Board of Commissioners awarded a $650,000 CWSRF conservation loan
- Montezuma awarded a $300,000 DWSRF loan
- Norman Park awarded a $1,500,000 CWSRF conservation loan
- Pavo awarded a $450,000 DWSRF loan
- Pelham awarded a $644,000 CWSRF loan and a $672,000 DWSRF loan
- Poulan awarded a $532,000 DWSRF loan
- Stewart County Water & Sewerage Authority awarded a $549,000 DWSRF loan
- Thomaston awarded a $3,000,000 CWSRF loan
- Villa Rica awarded a $2,500,000 DWSRF loan