The Screven County School System is searching for a District Safety Director. The application process is now open for possible contenders.
The district wide position will be responsible for supervising the security of school facilities and works proactively to ensure a safe and secure environment and the safety of students, staff, and visitors.
Qualifications for the position include:
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Certification (POST) or the ability to reinstate a previously held POST certification required
- High School Diploma and completion of sufficient post-secondary education, training and/or military service to successfully perform the duties of the position required
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Successful experience in security and/or law enforcement required
- First Aid/CPR/First Responder Training preferred
- Supervisory experience or training preferred
- Georgia Motor Vehicle Operator’s license required
- Clear criminal background check required
The salary range is $41,418 – $60,572 and the calendar is a 225 school year calendar with direct reporting to the Superintendent.
Those interested in applying can do so here.
To learn more information about the position, view the job posting.