Screven County School announced Monday that Guy Greene is now the school system’s new District Safety Director.
Greene will supervise the security of school facilities to ensure a safe and secure environment for students and staff.
The school system announced it was seeking a director in early July with the hopes of filling the position before the new school year began. Those wishing to apply were required to meet the following criteria:
- Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Certification (POST) or the ability to reinstate a previously held POST certification required
- High School Diploma and completion of sufficient post-secondary education, training and/or military service to successfully perform the duties of the position required
- Associates Degree or higher preferred
- Successful experience in security and/or law enforcement required
- First Aid/CPR/First Responder Training preferred
- Supervisory experience or training preferred
- Georgia Motor Vehicle Operator’s license required
- Clear criminal background check required
The salary range for the position is $41,418 – $60,572 and the calendar is a 225 school year calendar with direct reporting to the Superintendent.