In Ep. 162, Dave and Jessica discuss the arrest of State Rep. Park Cannon, the passage of Georgia’s election’s law, misogyny in the Georgia House, and who is to blame for the decline of Georgia’s higher education enrollment. Plus – the GOP race for Secretary of State and how long $1 million will last you, according to Jessica.
- Park Cannon Was Parked at the Jail Thursday Night
- Georgia activists are planning to launch a boycott of Coca-Cola Co
- And both chambers have passed a measure to raise adult criminal charge age in Georgia to 18 (jail and misdemeanors)
- Georgia representatives were told Monday that sexual comments won’t be tolerated after a legislator spoke on the House floor last week about a female rapper’s plastic surgery.
- Who or what is to blame for the declining higher education institution enrollment?
- $1 million will last you 22 years
Jessica Szilagyi is a Content Creator for The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics as well as issues in law enforcement. Her educational background is in Political Science with a focus in local government and she has a Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. Jessica is a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and has two blogs of her own: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
David Roberts is a native of South Florida who moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined The Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations specialist and served six years in that role. Since leaving active duty, he served in both Reserve and Guard components. After The Army, Dave went to work for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks serving as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. After a few mergers, he went to work with his brother, Rob, who taught him the HVAC trade. Several years of learning under his older brother and Dave was ready to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA. Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County has afforded him the privilege of serving his community and allowed him to become involved in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.