In Episode 167, Dave & Jessica discuss the indictments of everyone – or at least that of Sheriff Victor Hill, Travis & Greg McMichael, and Roddy Bryan. The pair also talks about the illegal guns that landed a former sheriff’s deputy in federal prison, the latest development in the Loeffler v. Raffensperger duel, and why AG Chris Carr can’t help anyone.
Plus – Jessica talks about her new favorite type of fencing and Dave decodes gang signs.
- Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill was indicted by the feds
- Text of the indictment
- Travis & Greg McMichael and Roddy Bryan – the three defendants charged with murder in the Ahmaud Arbery case – are now facing federal hate crimes
- The federal involvement also “provides a backstop for in case something goes awry” in the state’s prosecution
- A former Sheriff’s deputy from Wilkinson County pleaded guilty last week to one count of possession of an unregistered firearm. But the most recent story is that he had plans to charge Black Georgians with felonies to prevent them from voting, according to court filings in the Middle District of Georgia.
- Last week, Former Sen. Kelly Loeffler rose from her political grave to ask Attorney General Chris Carr to investigate Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger for his handling of the 2020 election.
- Link to complete letter
- Raffensperger clapped back with calling former Sen. Kelly Loeffler “weak” and a “fake Trumper”
- Meanwhile, Kemp appointed a special counsel this week to represent the secretary of state’s office as Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis continues her criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump and his dealings with Georgia officials following the 2020 elections.
- Jessica’s closing thought
- Dave’s closing thought
Jessica Szilagyi is a Content Creator for The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics as well as issues in law enforcement. Her educational background is in Political Science with a focus in local government and she has a Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. Jessica is a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and has two blogs of her own: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
David Roberts is a native of South Florida who moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined The Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations specialist and served six years in that role. Since leaving active duty, he served in both Reserve and Guard components. After The Army, Dave went to work for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks serving as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. After a few mergers, he went to work with his brother, Rob, who taught him the HVAC trade. Several years of learning under his older brother and Dave was ready to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA. Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County has afforded him the privilege of serving his community and allowed him to become involved in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.