In Ep. 168, Dave & Jessica discuss polling in the Georgia Governor’s race, the impact of pollution on minorities, banning ‘thin blue line’ masks in court, Garret Rolfe’s reinstatement to the APD, Screven County’s nepotism problem, and the councilman in Stockbridge costing his city a fortune.
- Poll shows tight GOP primary for Georgia governor
- Georgia Democrats: Pollution from gas-powered vehicles disproportionately affects minorities
- A 5th Federal Court Has Struck Down the CDC’s Eviction Ban
- Maryland District Court chief judge bans ‘thin blue line’ masks over bias concerns
- Garrett Rolfe will be reinstated to APD
- Nepotism, Lacking Policy Enforcement Creating Strife In Screven County
- Insurer for Georgia City to Pay $1.7M to Business Owner in Harassment Suit
Jessica Szilagyi is a Content Creator for The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics as well as issues in law enforcement. Her educational background is in Political Science with a focus in local government and she has a Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. Jessica is a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and has two blogs of her own: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
David Roberts is a native of South Florida who moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined The Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations specialist and served six years in that role. Since leaving active duty, he served in both Reserve and Guard components. After The Army, Dave went to work for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks serving as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. After a few mergers, he went to work with his brother, Rob, who taught him the HVAC trade. Several years of learning under his older brother and Dave was ready to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA. Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County has afforded him the privilege of serving his community and allowed him to become involved in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.