In Ep. 203 of the LMTYWYW podcast, Dave & Jessica discuss the retirement of SCOTUS Justice Breyer, the latest in the Georgia-based effort to prosecute former President Donald Trump, a confidential report on Georgia’s voting machines, and the latest news out of the Georgia legislature.
- Jessica’s talk about court in Tattnall County this week.
- Justice Breyer retirement announcement. Who will be nominated by President Biden?
- Fani Willis isn’t letting up on former President Donald Trump
- That news followed by a “confidential report which alleges that hackers could flip votes if they gained access to Georgia’s touchscreens.”
- From the Georgia legislature this week:
- A handful of lawmakers filed a bill to exempt law enforcement officers in Georgia from paying state income taxes.
- Facing a surge in overdose deaths and rural suicides, Georgia lawmakers unveiled a bill to bolster the state’s dismal mental health care system.
- Interjecting parents into the school curriculum process even more by allowing them to protest books and content and then require school officials to respond/make a decision
Jessica Szilagyi is Publisher of The Georgia Virtue. She focuses primarily on state and local politics, the justice system, and issues in law enforcement. Jessica is a graduate of Georgia State University where she obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Political Science with a focus in local government. After a brief hiatus on the campaign circuit, Jessica then earned her Master of Public Administration from the University of Georgia. She is now a “Like It Or Not” contributor for Fox5 in Atlanta and a contributor for GeorgiaPol.com. Her writing roots, however, stem from her own two blogs: The Perspicacious Conservative and “Hair Blowers to Lawn Mowers.”
A native of South Florida, David Roberts moved to Georgia in his teens. He joined the Army at 18 as a Psychological Operations Specialist and served six years in that role. After he left active duty, Dave served in both Reserve and Guard components. Dave also worked for Wachovia and SouthTrust banks as a business banker and Assistant Vice President. A few mergers led Dave to join his brother, Rob, in the HVAC trade. Eventually, after several years of learning under his older brother, Dave left to go out on his own. In 2016, he started DR COOL Heating and Air in Dallas, GA.
Being a prominent business owner in Paulding County affords Dave the privilege of serving his community while involving himself in politics. Calling himself a “Republitarian,” Dave was invited to host The Let Me Tell You Why You’re Wrong Podcast in 2018.
*Opinions expressed on the show reflect the views of the commentators and any guests, not those of The Georgia Virtue.